The Connotton Valley R.R. was built in 1880 running “one-half mile east of the center” of town. It went from Cleveland to Canton and for years was known as the Wheeling and Lake Erie. The railroad brought the telegraph to Twinsburg. The American Rapid Telegraph Co. originally operated the Connotton Valley railway lines but eventually became the Postal Telegraph Co. In 1882, the first telegraph office in Twinsburg was established with Fred. B. Barber as the person in charge.
Information from “Twinsburg, Ohio 1817-1917” by Lena M. Carter (p. 133-134).