Hot off the press and into the hands of a news-hungry public, the Twinsburg Bulletin became the source for all news fit to be printed in 1956. It was at least a third attempt at a local paper. The paper was the brain-child of Wilmer Roseberry, owner and operator of the local department store bearing his name. Roughly 900 copies of the paper were delivered when the first edition rolled out, with a focus on locally relevant goings-on. More than 100 issues were delivered free, but as the cost began to rise, a fee of five cents was placed on each issue. The timing couldn’t have been more fortuitous for the expanding publication as Twinsburg was in the midst of a population explosion. Between 1950 and 1960, the resident base more than doubled, no doubt in part to the introduction of Chrysler to the employment infrastructure.
Usually published every Thursday, and sometimes not at all if Wilmer Roseberry was out of town, in early iterations, the paper was more advertisements than articles. Sales at stores, specials at restaurants, and the event times filled the pages. As time passed, the length of the paper grew as did the scope of the content contained within.
The McGhee family took control of the paper in early 1959 and ran it for decades before it was finally sold. Local stories appeared side by side with coverage of state and national issues. Although the appearance and professionalism of the paper has matured over the last sixty years, the heart has remained the same: local issues for the local community.