On April 28, 1957 Twinsburg Township opened a new fire station to serve the community. That building is now being used by the Sheriff’s Office.
This is the program for the day’s festivities: Program for Fire Station Opening
The Twinsburg Fire Department was originally formed in May, 1919 with 25 original members. At that time they had a very minimal budget and were considered a “bucket brigade”, as they did not have a station. In 1912, the first equipment was purchased – a 2-wheeled cart. The first motorized piece of equipment was purchased in 1923 and was a 1924 REO.