Founding of Twinsburg

Ethan Alling left for Ohio with three hired men, Zeri Alling, Rodolphus (called Tom) Wolcott and Lex Johnson on March 3, 1817. A sawmill was built in 1817 and a gristmill was built in 1818. In 1818, a frame barn and part of a frame house were also built. Joel N. Thompson ran a distillery in 1821.

In July 1817, Ezra Osborn arrived and settled in the western part of the township. She had “the distinction of being the first woman to be a settler in the town.”

Posted in Historic Sites and Landmarks and tagged .